Our mothers taught us that it’s polite to bring along something special when going to someone’s house. You might call it a “hostess gift,” but no matter the host or occasion, we just call it sweet. Whether you’re going to a Champagne-filled New Year’s Eve bash or an indulgent New Year’s Day brunch, we’ve rounded up a few things that any host would be happy to have.
1. Whisper Cake – While it’s not an official holiday item, this popular cake with it’s fruit-filled layers would pair nicely with a glass of Champagne.
2. Holiday Tart – Filled with cranberries, pecans, orange zest and caramel, this tart makes for a tasty treat any time of day.
3. Brown Sugar Shortbread Holiday Cookies – Cut into stars and adorned with crystal sugar, these cookies will bring a touch of sparkle to the party.
4. Sardinian Flatbread with a savory spread – In addition to our Roasted Artichoke Spread (pictured), we have a variety of seasonal spreads that pair perfectly with our Sardinian Flatbread.
5. Cassata Cake – Chocolate lovers swoon for our Cassata Cake (pictured) and gluten-free Mini Gianduja. Both desserts are loaded with rich chocolate flavor, but our Mini Gianduja is a triple-threat with chocolate espresso, chocolate hazelnut and chocolate ganache!
6. Budapest Coffee Cake Ring – Our classic sour cream coffee cake laced with a swirl of cinnamon, cocoa, brown sugar, raisins and toasted walnuts makes a great brunch addition.